One foot in front of the other

It's been a while since I last updated, and unfortunately I've done very little paddling too!  I'm starting to feel like I'm going backwards having not paddled for so long.  It's the head games but I know it's going to up the nerves next time I go out.  It's getting dark earlier in the evenings now too so the potential for getting out in the week is slim.

On top of that it's also been difficult to fit in some exercise.... Oh who am I kidding?  I've been putting off exercise because... *insert any poor excuse available*.  So last night I went swimming...

Swimming has never been my favourite sport, but with only a couple of hours available to us our choices were limited.  We had cried off the bike riding on Tuesday because the forest was going to be pretty muddy (example of poor excuse), and I was determined to do SOMETHING, knowing that making ourselves do something would be the hard part, but we'd feel good for it.

No surprise then that after 32 lengths (half a mile) I felt pretty good.  I've definitely felt fitter,  but it didn't feel as bad as I thought it would.

Now the harder part, keeping motivated to do more.  I know when I exercise regularly, doing things I need to do to progress my business (marketing, organising and so on) but it is very easy to slip into the habit of not doing things....

So one foot in front of the other, time to make a list of things to do, so as I pick up the exercise and start to do more,  I know what I need to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you?

Hey!  How are you?  Once again, it's been a while.  Since I last wrote on here almost a year ago, so much has transpired.  Just the las...